Posted on May 24, 2023
Chevrolet has unveiled a redesigned Trax, presenting a fresh and technologically advanced option for customers who desire the practicality of a compact car combined with the versatility of an SUV.
With a larger size compared to the current Trax model, it offers increased passenger and cargo space, as well as an expanded range of standard and optional features. The vehicle boasts a comprehensive set of safety features as well as a suite of technologies to ensure customers stay connected. Remarkably, the starting price for this enhanced Trax is only $21,4951.
According to Scott Bell, Chevrolet's vice president, the all-new Trax embodies everything necessary without any unnecessary elements. It delivers ample space, an extensive array of features, and an appealing style. As an entry-level vehicle, it surpasses expectations in terms of value, serving as a crucial entry point to the Chevy brand that will pleasantly surprise and satisfy customers.
The reimagined Trax offers five distinctive variations, namely LS, 1RS, LT, 2RS, and ACTIV, each presenting unique design elements and content options. Additionally, all trims come with enhanced features and advanced technologies, which include:
- Chevy Safety Assist2, encompassing six advanced safety and driver awareness technologies.
- Larger infotainment3 screens, consisting of an 8-inch diagonal system as standard and an 11-inch diagonal screen available on LT, 2RS, and ACTIV trims.
- Wireless compatibility with Apple CarPlay4 and Android Auto5.
- LED headlamps.
- 17-inch, 18-inch, or 19-inch wheels.
- Four-wheel disc brakes.
- Active Noise Cancellation.
Furthermore, most trims boast additional new features like push-button start, automatic climate control, wireless phone charging6, and more. Cruise control is standard on all models, while Adaptive Cruise Control2 is offered on select trims, marking a first for Trax.
Powering the new Trax is a 1.2L turbocharged inline-three engine, delivering an estimated 137 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque according to GM. Paired with a reliable six-speed automatic transmission, the turbocharged engine ensures excellent on-demand power, particularly for passing maneuvers and acceleration when entering highways.
Modern and purposeful design
Featuring a contemporary and purposeful design, the 2024 Trax embodies a longer, lower, and wider stance, drawing inspiration from the Chevrolet Blazer to create an athletic and muscular appearance.
Phil Zak, the executive design director of Global Chevrolet, highlighted the transformative nature of the all-new Trax's bold exterior and tech-forward interior design. He emphasized that this entry-level vehicle showcases that modern and stylish design can be achieved without a hefty price tag.
At the front, the Trax showcases sleek horizontal lines that accentuate its width, cleverly integrated with the iconic Chevy bowtie at the center of the grille. These lines flow gracefully towards the slim, Blazer-inspired headlamps, which incorporate new LED lighting elements. Notably, the Trax boasts Chevy's distinctive high-eye LED daytime running lamps, ensuring excellent visibility day or night.
The side profile of the Trax exudes sleekness, enhanced by its 4-inch (101 mm) lower overall height compared to the current model. The body's strong "shoulders" contribute to a taut and muscular presence, showcasing a commanding stance.
Each trim level of the Trax showcases unique design cues, including specific grille designs, wheels, and decorative elements:
- LS and LT trims exhibit clean and straightforward designs, with additional bright trim accents on the LT. The LS comes with 17-inch steel wheels as standard, while the LT features 17-inch machined aluminum wheels.
- RS trims boast the sportiest design elements, featuring additional exterior trim accents and a distinct grille adorned with an embedded RS badge. The 1RS trim stands out with its unique 18-inch machine-faced aluminum wheels, while the 2RS trim takes it up a notch with 19-inch machine-faced aluminum wheels.
- The new ACTIV trim presents a monochromatic aesthetic with titanium chrome accents and an aggressive rear skid plate motif. It showcases unique black 18-inch wheels to complete its distinctive look.
New dimensions enhance driving experience, spaciousness
The enhanced dimensions of the new Trax yield significant advantages in terms of both driving experience and interior spaciousness. With a wheelbase that is nearly 6 inches longer and a wider track, it delivers a more composed ride and improved handling compared to the current model.
The interior benefits greatly from these increased dimensions as well. The additional 11 inches in length and 2 inches in width result in enhanced roominess and expanded cargo capacity. Rear legroom sees a notable increase of 3 inches, providing greater comfort for passengers in the back seats. Additionally, the maximum cargo capacity grows by nearly 12%, allowing for more storage space.
The interior design of the Trax prioritizes a lightweight and airy atmosphere, achieved through sweeping lines and light, technical details that emphasize the vehicle's width. This effect is made possible by the Trax's longer, lower, and wider platform.
To enhance visibility and create a sense of spaciousness, the instrument panel is positioned low, while a textured pattern adds depth and visual interest. Drawing inspiration from recent Chevy performance vehicles, the Trax incorporates signature round vents and other design elements.
At the center of the tech-forward design are the display screens. The infotainment screen is slightly angled towards the driver for intuitive control. The LS and 1RS trims come with an 8-inch diagonal infotainment color touchscreen, while the LT, 2RS, and ACTIV trims feature an 11-inch diagonal infotainment color touchscreen along with an 8-inch diagonal driver information center.
Each trim level also receives unique decor and accents, including:
- The LT trim showcases black seats with Sky Cool Gray accents.
- The 2RS trim boasts red accents on the seats and a racing-inspired flat-bottom steering wheel.
- The ACTIV trim features Evotex seats with yellow accents.
- Both the RS and ACTIV trims are distinguished by black bowtie emblems
Furthermore, the Trax offers a range of standard and available features, including:
- An ergonomically optimized center console with a conveniently located shifter.
- An electronic parking brake that frees up storage space in the console.
- Four bottle holders and two cupholders.
- Heated front seats, steering wheel, and outside mirrors, which are standard on 1RS, 2RS, and ACTIV trims and available on LT. Heated front seats and outside mirrors are available on LS.
- Remote start, which is standard on 1RS, LT, 2RS, and ACTIV trims and available on LS.
- Automatic climate control, push-button start, and additional rear-seat USB ports on LT, 2RS, and ACTIV trims.
- A power-adjustable driver's seat on the ACTIV trim.
- An available sunroof.
For the first time in the Trax, customers can wirelessly connect Apple CarPlay4 or Android Auto5 to the infotainment system, and wireless phone charging6 is available on LT, 2RS, and ACTIV trims. The Trax also continues to offer Wi-Fi Hotspot capability.
Chevy Safety Assist and more
With an emphasis on safety and driver assistance technology, the forthcoming 2024 Trax offers the new, standard Chevy Safety Assist2 package. This comprehensive suite consists of six advanced safety features:
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Forward Collision Alert
- IntelliBeam auto high-beam control
- Following Distance Indicator
Coming spring 2023
The all-new 2024 Chevrolet Trax goes on sale in the spring of 2023. More information is available at www.chevrolet.com.
City - 28
Highway - 32
TRANSMISSION & AXLE
CHASSIS & SUSPENSION
INTERIOR DIMENSIONS & CARGO VOLUME
WEIGHTS & CAPACITIES
SAFETY & DRIVER ASSISTANCE FEATURES
Six standard airbags1: frontal and knee for driver and front passenger; seat-mounted side-impact and roof-rail mounted head-curtain for front and rear outboard seating positions
Standard Tire Pressure Monitor System; tire pressure monitor includes tire fill alert (excludes spare tire, if equipped)
Standard Rear Vision Camera2
Chevy Safety Assist2 is standard. Content includes Automatic Emergency Braking, Front Pedestrian Braking, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert, IntelliBeam auto high-beams and Following Distance Indicator
Adaptive Cruise Control2, Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert2, Rear Cross Traffic Alert2 and Rear Park Assist2 are available
1Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See your vehicle Owner’s Manual for more information.
2Safety or driver-assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for more important feature limitations and information.